1- Placing the Mosaic Signature of Sultan Abdülmecit (2011)
Conservation of Sultan Abdülmecit’s Mosaic Signature has been completed and it was placed on the top right of external narthex entry door.
2-Haghia Sophia External Walls Emergency Restoration(2009–2010)
3- Restoration, Conservation and Emergency Restoration of Haghia Sophia Oil Lamps and Script Plates(2009–2010)
4- Conversion of Haghia Sophia Research and Documentation Unit of Ottoman Primary Schools and Ottoman Primary Schools Photograph and Exhibition Saloon (2010)
Ottoman Primary School was used as ManaBackal House during the past years. After the maintenance and restorational works done in December 2010, it is started to be used as Haghia Sophia Research and Documentation Unit of Ottoman Primary Schools and Ottoman Primary Schools Photograph and Exhibition Saloon.
5- Restorations of Haghia Sophia Main Dome Northeast Quarter and Internal Narhtex Ornamental Surfaces(2008–2009)
The face of the Angel was revealed by opening the cover on the angel portrayal’s face located on the Northeast pendant. By the works done in 04.01.2010, the skaffold, which was covering the Haghia Sophia dome, was removed after 17 years.
6-Restoration of Haghia Sophia Sultans’ Tombs (2008–2009)
7- Preparations of Haghia Sophia Ground Works (2009)
8- Ayasofya Müzesi Kurşun Örtüsünün Yenilemesi (2006–2008)
9- Cleaning and Rasping of Haghia Sophia West Side Plastered Surfaces (2007-2008)
10- Restoration of Northeast Ramp(2008)
Haghia Sophia was being used as a museum since 1 February 1935 and the only access to the gallery section was through a single ramp. By the restorational and conversional works done since 10 January 2008, northeast ramp was put into service as of 25 September 2008.
11- Restoration of Haghia Sophia Sultans’ Tombs(2006–2007)
12- Renewal of Earthquake Tracking System System has been renewed by General Directorate of Foundations in 2007 based on the suggestions and views of the Institute.
13- Air Conditioning System(2003)
Air conditioning studies (moisture measurement, moisture and temperature adjustments) were made in Haghia Sophia based on views and suggestions from Restoration and Conservation Central Laboratory Directorate especially for the depos which Icons and Holy Properties are being held and a more efficient storing environment has been obtained by purchasing new equipment for this purpose.
ONGOING RESTORATIONAL STUDIES
There are no ongoing restorational studies in Haghia Sophia Museum.
READY PROJECTS –Planned Restorational Studies:
ONGOING PROJECT STUDIES
- Restorational and Conservational Studies of Haghia Sophia Interiour (Halk Domes, Squinches, Abscissas and Tymphanon Walls) Ornamental and Marble Surfaces
- Restorational and Conservational Studies of Haghia Sophia Museum Ornamental and Marble Surfaces Gallery Section
- Restitution, Building Survey and Restoration Projects of Haghia Sophia I. Mahmud Library and I. Mahmud Fountain(Water tank with fountaion)
- Haghia Sophia West Side Project, Building Survey drawings and Restoration Project
- Haghia Sophia Fatih Theological School Building Survey, Restoration, Construction Engineering Services and Fitting Projects
- Haghia Sophia Museum Lightening Study